Water Breaking

I am due in 18 days and I've already started dilating, so of course I am on guard. I feel like I am leaking something slowly. I tried emptying my bladder to see if anything still leaked and it was just a little trickle after and now it has stopped. How long should I keep checking it before I call my Dr to see if I am leaking amniotic fluid? I don't want to ignore something that I shouldn't and this is my first pregnancy, so I know nothing lol.

kristinmj

Asked by kristinmj at 5:51 PM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• call labor an delivery they can tell u what to due but sounds like u should go in but id call first
    momatonly16

Answer by momatonly16 at 5:56 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• i would just wait because if your water did break you will probably go into labor soon :) so i would just wait until my contrax were really close and intense. but i think it's probably not broken water
    Anonymous

• I would call labor and delivery and they will probably tell you to come in. They can do a simple swab and tell if it is amniotic fluid or not. My water broke and I was having contractions 3 minutes apart but not strong enough to feel. I never did go into labor on my own and they gave me some pitocin to help me along. There is a greater risk of infection once your water breaks so they like you to deliver within 24 hours.
    spbeta

Answer by spbeta at 8:35 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• drink some water and lay down for about an hour.
    Anonymous