Do you think these things will actually prevent ghosts?

* When someone is deathly ill keep all the animals out of the house so the person's spirit will not possess him.

* Before burial, place pennies on the eyes of the dead, tie their toes together so they cannot walk, and put open scissors - forming a cross -on their chest.

* Never cry at funerals. Tears falling on the dead make it more difficult for the spirit to disengage and leave this world.

* After burial, plant thorn bushes around both the grave and your home. The spirit will get tangled in them, and be unable to pass back into the house.

* If the clothing of the dead contains any knots this will keep the spirit from moving on. Untie these before burial.

* Open all the doors and windows in the area where the person died so the spirit can have quick passage.

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 6:07 PM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think if the person believes they will help...then they will.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 6:25 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• i do some of these lol
    necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 6:11 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Is there a question that offends you? You are trying to push down the questions with a whole bunch of questions? LOL
    Anonymous

• No, I'm just bored!
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 6:19 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I believe there are a lot of things that will keep ghosts away, but none of the above
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 6:20 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I believe that there are things Hoever these I don't believe would. As for the coins on the eyes I think that that would trap the spirit in the body and not allow it to move. I believe the eyes are the gate way to the soul.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:26 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• i forgot to mention i dont do them to prevent ghost, i do them because i was taught to as a child lol

necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 8:16 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I do some of these as well. I always include two coins in the coffin with the dead and cover mirrors and open windows & door. I do not believe that animals can be posessed until after the spirit has crossed so that one doesn't apply to my beliefs. But I do still do them. In fact, as I said on an earlier post, we still have some "issues" in my sons' room because the mirror was not covered when my Grandfather died.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:55 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Never in my life have I heard of any of these ways to prevent a ghost but thanks for making me aware of what others may think.
    flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 10:08 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• BTW, I don't include coins to prevent ghosts! Just to aid in the travel of their spirits.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:30 PM on Oct. 30, 2009