* When someone is deathly ill keep all the animals out of the house so the person's spirit will not possess him.
* Before burial, place pennies on the eyes of the dead, tie their toes together so they cannot walk, and put open scissors - forming a cross -on their chest.
* Never cry at funerals. Tears falling on the dead make it more difficult for the spirit to disengage and leave this world.
* After burial, plant thorn bushes around both the grave and your home. The spirit will get tangled in them, and be unable to pass back into the house.
* If the clothing of the dead contains any knots this will keep the spirit from moving on. Untie these before burial.
* Open all the doors and windows in the area where the person died so the spirit can have quick passage.
Answer by Amaranth361 at 6:25 PM on Oct. 30, 2009
Answer by necro1134 at 6:11 PM on Oct. 30, 2009
Answer by Anonymous at 6:11 PM on Oct. 30, 2009
Answer by IhartU at 6:19 PM on Oct. 30, 2009
Answer by SophiaofLight at 6:20 PM on Oct. 30, 2009
Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:26 PM on Oct. 30, 2009
i forgot to mention i dont do them to prevent ghost, i do them because i was taught to as a child lol
Answer by necro1134 at 8:16 PM on Oct. 30, 2009
Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:55 PM on Oct. 30, 2009
Answer by flatlanderjenn at 10:08 PM on Oct. 30, 2009
Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:30 PM on Oct. 30, 2009
Next question overall
(Babies (0-12 months))
Do you think my almost 5 wk old son would be ok to go out tomorrow night...
Check out some of the top posts today in Groups: