Do you use anti bacterial soap to wash your fresh fruits?

I heard this is the right way to wash your fruits like apples, grapes, pears etc, especially since the swine flu outbreak and the cold and flu season. I was just wondering how many people did this. Using just plain water does not get rid of all the germs and pesticides.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:15 PM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• There' s antibacterial qualities in Dawn and most other dish soaps. To get off the pesticides and germy residue I always use soap and warm water on the outsides of my fruits and vegetables and rinse thoroughly.
    tikigoddess

Answer by tikigoddess at 6:22 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I don't use anything but plain water but a lot of websites seem to advocate using a fruit & veg wash or other soap to remove pesticides and other dirt.
    jackdaw

Answer by jackdaw at 6:28 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I do not even rinse my fruit or vegetables off when I eat them.  what does rinsing or not rinsing your fruit and vegetables have to do with H1N1, regular flu or colds? I guess I am risking my life.

Answer by louise2 at 6:33 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I just rinse mine with water.
    As for the flu germs on the fruit, or any groceries, I heard if you let them sit for 4 hours any germs die off. Don't know how true that is, but that's what I was told.
    Anonymous