Online Horror Stories

Have you ever had anything bad happen to you as a result of using the internet or meeting people online?

If so, what happened?

How did it start?

How did you solve the problem?

How do you prevent it from happening again?

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 6:35 PM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Have you ever had anything bad happen to you as a result of using the internet or meeting people online? Yes

If so, what happened? My friends and I were 14 and we were playing around in an adult cheat line. When my friends decided to start pretending cyber sex with some guy she met. It just so happens he was on a lap top using a reverse gps locater and after like a hour he said LIAR and she said what and he described us. Well he was in her back yard in her house in the country away from every thing. We were home alone but had her wolf. Her wolf chased the guy when we let him at and bit him he dropped his laptop and took off. We hid in the bathroom after we got her wolf back in the house and waited for her parents to get home.

hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 7:42 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• How did it start? My friends coming up with a "bright Idea"

How did you solve the problem? When her parents got home we called the cops. Good thing her wolf bit him cause we found out his screen name and finger prints we related to 3 rapes/beatings.

How do you prevent it from happening again? Don't listen to friends so called "bright" Ideas and never cyber date, sex, or build relationships.

This was the dumbest thing I have ever done and that one thing could have cost my life.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 7:47 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I haven't had anything happen to me. I'm SO lucky, though. I went through the whole "chatting" with older guys thing when I was like 12-16. I lied about my age and told people I was 18. Gosh, I was so so so so so soooooo stupid back then. I met my husband online, though. It was through a safe site, I got lucky by meeting him. It makes me sick to think what COULD have happened to me.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:16 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Total BULLSHIT on the wolf story, holy crap, thanks for the laugh!
    Anonymous

• My husband has an online chat relationship addiction. We had a girl stalking him for a while. That's what eventually got him over his little problem. If you want more info, post a note here and I'll pm you. Don't want to post it for all the world to see.
    Anonymous

• My husband has an online chat relationship addiction.

see, that's where he would no longer be my husband!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:53 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• The internet wasn't dangerous until they made it easier for stupid people and lazy parents to use it. Thank you, AOL.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• a reverse GPS? umm yeah. In her backyard...ok then..and a wolf? wow. you can really tell a whopper!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

No not total Bull shit. I was terrified that is why I am careful when using the Internet. My kids usage will actually be monitored through spy ware. This stuff happens a lot and the FBI has an unit specifically for these crimes called the cyber crimes unit.
    a reverse GPS? umm yeah. In her backyard...ok then..and a wolf? wow. you can really tell a whopper!
    Yes reverse GPS you can get one in local Spy stores. They are legal to buy, but not use outside of tracking your own children. You can use them on comps., cells, and car gps. You can also send a virus to the one you are talking with that will send you back the parties info such as bank account numbers, Full name, any thing stored on their comp. as well There Internet provider and registration name and address. The last one My DH knows how to do it takes approximately 20 mins.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:16 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

• As for the wolf it was her pet. She illegally had it Now where in AZ that I know of is it legal to own one. Her dad found it as a pup hunting. He killed it's mom. He brought it home and they raised it as their dog. They licensed it as a husky mix, though their vet papers all read pure blood wolf. I have also owned a half wolf. As well a friend of mine in Elk City, Id owns a pure breed wolf of which she has a permit for.
    So before you guys call stories BS find out the facts that you are calling BS first. I have had lots of crazy shit happen to me that I would think was BS if I hadn't lived it. So for that reason I never call BS with out knowing the person and their back round.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:23 AM on Nov. 2, 2009