Is it better to.......

use alcohol on your face to help with pimples? Or is it better to use peroxide. I can not afford to buy they over the counter stuff & I can not afford to go to the doctors about it. Thanks for the help(hope I put this in the right spot)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:47 PM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Neither.

Here is how my teen handles her acne: wash your face twice a day with a very mild soap (like unscented baby soap) and a soft wash cloth; follow with a light, oil free moisturizer (she uses Lush). Once a day, before you wash your face, put on a honey mask (just honey, a great anti-bacterial). Every three days add a pinch of baking soda to the honey to exfoliate. Check back with me in two weeks and tell me how this worked.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:29 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Instead of alcohol or peroxide, try TOOTHPASTE!!!

http://www.smartskincare.com/tips/skinrecipe_antiacne_20070709.html

Lots of other lins for other skin care issues on the home page.

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:52 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Thank you ladies. I will try that rkolorns once I get to the store this weekend. It is also great since I just had a baby I have baby soap, lol.

OP here
    Anonymous

• NEITHER! Yikes! Walmart has generic astringent for just a couple bucks. If you MUST use something cheap, whitchazel would be better. But alchohol will dry our your face horribly and perozide will bleach any hairs you have and you'll get a white ashy look on your face.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:34 AM on Nov. 1, 2009