my son is 19 months and he has asthma,were trying to get it under control

hes going to see a pulmonologist on monday,he has a cough and it doesnt seem to get better any body that has kids with asthma can u tell me if theres anything that i can do.after each albuterol treatment he coughs alot..please any suggestions???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:56 PM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• The coughing after breathing treatments is actually a good thing.. It means the medicine has reached his lungs properly. HOWEVER, if he continues to cough even after a breathing treatment it's something more than asthma causing the cough. My son has asthma and the last time he had a cough that wasn't helped by the albuterol it ended up with him having pneumonia.
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 6:58 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I was always told to take my son into the bathroom, shut the door and turn on the hot water in the shower because the steam will help. It never seemed to work for him, but it might work for your baby.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 6:59 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Woah my last post sounds confusing to clarify a little bit of coughing immediately after a breathing treatment is good however if it is continuous after an hour or more then it's something else.. Does that make more sense?
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 6:59 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• its a very annoying cough & i feel so bad that he just keeps coughing & coughing???
    Anonymous

• yes it makes sense,what could it be hes on steroids and idk if that helping
    Anonymous

• How long has it been going on?
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 7:15 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• my son has been doing this, he has allergies and asthma and i took him to the ER the other night and they said it was bronchitis
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:21 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Find the asthma trigger and do what you can to control that.

Give his meds as directed and if you have any questions, call the doctor!!!

Humidity often makes asthma WORSE.
    Anonymous