Can anyone help me?

Any of you moms experience anything like this?? I took a pregnancy test yesterday, and it was a faint positive. I took a digital one today... in the afternoon.... and it said not pregnant. Could it be that I took it in the afternoon. My period was due this past monday, so I thought I had enough hormone by now. I am so worried. I was so excited, and now all I can do is obsess until tomorrow morning. I hope I am not losing the baby! Please let me know if this has happened to you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:59 PM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Always take an HPT in the morning, that is when HCG is most concentrated. Take another in the morning. However, there are very rarely false positives
    acollins09

Answer by acollins09 at 7:04 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Generally speaking, digital pregnancy tests take more HCG to read positive than a line test. If you have more line tests, take one of those in the morning. If you have a digital, take one of those in 2-3 more days.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 7:17 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Yes the concentration of HCG is higher in the morning and false positives are ridiculously rare, where as false negatives can happen quite regulary. Make sure you take it in the morning tomorrow! Good Luck to you.
    mommatomanyy

Answer by mommatomanyy at 7:35 PM on Oct. 30, 2009