39 weeks on Sunday- Normal to sleep all day and night?

We went to bed at 11pm last night, I woke up at 11 am only because of the phone- was up until 2pm to shower and do laundry and eat, then went back to sleep.

Is it normal to be so tired right now? Does it mean anything?

I thought I was supposed to get a burst of energy.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 7:21 PM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It's way more common to be exhausted at 39 weeks than it is to be energetic. You might feel a temporary energy associated with nesting, but other than that it is okay to be tired. If you are concerned call your dr.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 7:23 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Oh yes.. I was just as tired with my Daughter. I slept all day and was up half of the night and slept the other half. I only had energey around the time I was decorating her room, then I got really tired all the time
    BunnyAnn

Answer by BunnyAnn at 7:29 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• i felt that way too
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 7:31 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I don't feel sick or concerned really, I'm super super content and getting really good sleep. It's just i'm getting an awful lot of sleep.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:31 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I feel that way too, but i also can't sleep a lot because i have 3 young boys ages 4,3 and 17mo and im also 15weeks pregnant. I would LOVE to get more sleep. I would enjoy it if i were you. Especially if you are feeling good otherwise.
    Anonymous

• my next appointment is on monday
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:41 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• that's what i figure, i need to enjoy this sleep now. when i am awake i'm being productive with laundry and dishes, but i think i just need sleep. my ankles get to grapefruits if i walk around anyways.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:42 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• At 39 weeks I was EXHAUSTED. It as the worst with the second and third. With the fourth I had help from the oldest with the younger ones and this time I have a lot of help from the older ones. My twelve year old is a life saver sometimes.
    fourisplenty

Answer by fourisplenty at 8:07 PM on Oct. 30, 2009