if he starts to slaber does that mean he could be getting teeth?

my son never had a problem with slobbering or leaking saliva but lately I have been seeing it more and more that he has been slobbering over himself! could that mean he is getting teeth? he is now three months old

AlexesmommySam

Asked by AlexesmommySam at 7:32 PM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yep...My DS started to chew on everything and drool alot at about 3 months but didnt actually get his first teeth till 6 months. If hes drooling alot just put a bib on him to keep his skin dry.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 7:34 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Not necessarily, it's just a normal stage for babies. Since my babies started drooling normally quite early but didn't get their teeth properly for months after that.
    mommatomanyy

Answer by mommatomanyy at 7:36 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Ohh yes that is definately teething. That's one of the biggest signs of teething. In my experiances with my nephews, the boys tend to get their teeth in a little earlier than girls :)

I would just give my daughter a cold, damp washcloth to chew/suck on. She seemed to really like how it felt on her sore gums! :)
    Sherrae

Answer by Sherrae at 7:44 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• he doesn't seem grumpy or in any pain at the moment but he is also very tough I have to say! doesn't even cry much when he gets his shots! right now mostly he tries to put his hand in his mouth! he doesn't grab things yet except for his blanket
    AlexesmommySam

Answer by AlexesmommySam at 8:04 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• My daughter started drooling started at about 2 months too. They can def start teething at the age but you may not see any teeth for months to come. I finally started seeing teeth when she got to 6 months. You can try teething rings if you want. I made fruit/ ice popsicles for my daughter and she really loves them. If you want to find out how to make them, send me a message and I'll explain
    msfila1980

Answer by msfila1980 at 8:07 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Probably not. This is the age where their saliva glands kick into gear and they don't know how to swallow it yet....so they slobber.
    Anonymous