pregnant with my second my first is a girl (now 3 and 1/2) i found out a few weeks ago that its a boy, im scared shitless

i left the father when i was approx 10weeks pg bc he wasnt acting protectively with is 3 daughters from a previous relationship. i told him at at 18weeks that i kept the baby. he said he doesnt want to walk away from the baby, witch is fine. i am trying to do the right thing and giving him the chance to talk about things ( not get back together but work it out) but he is not budging, the same wall thats up no is the same wall that was up thro our relationship. im shit scared of being a single mum of 2, im scared of having a boy, im scared of my ex and im scared of failing. i dont no what to do to emotionally prepare myself for this baby and knowing that im stuck with another dumb ass (ex) for the rest of my life.

ps i never felt scared with my first

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:01 PM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• why are u scared that it is a boy?
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:46 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I don't understand, you left him because he was protective of his daughters? isn't that a good thing?
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 10:25 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• why you acared. i had my son when my dd was 23 mts.and i feel; closwerto my son. i love my dd but my ds he is my lil man. i love him to death. my dd is my princess but she is a daddy's girl and am k with that
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:00 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• sorry my mistake up the top he wasn't acting protectively with his girls. im not sure y im scared about it being a boy, im afraid im going to fail being a single mum of 2. i dont feel like im connected to him either. i dont understand y i feel like i dont have a bond with him...
    Anonymous

• Why are you scared that this baby is a boy? Do you fear that the little boy will remind you of your ex or turn out like him? If that's the case, just know that who he grows up to be depends on BOTH of his parents. If you instill values in him, those will carry throughout his life.
    As for the ex. What you need to do is draw up a list of what you want regarding custody/vistiation/child support (PM me if you need ideas--I help my husband and his coworker with their paperwork). It's best to get it all figured out now and get an agreement together rather than waiting til after the baby is born and fighting over it. It's a good thing that you want to keep him involved, because no matter what happened between the two of you, it has no bearing on how either of you will be as a parent to that little boy ;)
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 11:37 PM on Oct. 30, 2009