Obama Moms Back-to-School

Anyone know what this is about and where to find more information about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:08 PM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• any school will help you. he increased the pell grant to 5000 per semester, i'm getting 10000 in pell grants to go to school for lpn. i start in jan.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 8:41 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• it's fraudulent advertising . . . I get junk calls every day from private companies invoking the word "stimulus" to trick people into thinking the call is govt. related.

no different than scammers marking envelopes with "audit" around tax time, or the robocalls that say they're calling to talk to you about your mortgage or credit card accounts to create the impression that they are someone you are already doing business with.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 11:07 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Have you all seen the mortgage commercial on tv (saw it on CNN ) that uses Obama's videos to advertise their program? It is pitiful. Pitiful that people believe in it too and probably get scammed.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:03 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• If you are poor you can get help and go to school free. If you are middle income you can get loans and go into debt. I don't think Obama has changed that too much. I am paying as I go and it is a struggle sometimes. I don't want debt and we don't qualify for anything even though we really can't afford school at times. Being middle class sucks sometimes. We pretty much are screwed over on everything.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• IT IS ADVERTISING!!!!!!!
    THAT IS WHY JUST ABOUT EVERY STUDENT LOAN PLACE IS SAYING IT!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• LOL There is nothing special about it. If you are poor enough you can get a grant and if you aren't you might be able to gete a loan . Nothing new there. The only thing new (and I have 2 kids in college) is that the Government is taking over the loans. Talk about red tape.....
    Go talk to the college financial aid people. They will help you fill out what you need.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:40 PM on Oct. 31, 2009