Mad at my husband

Lately, I have been stressed out like never before. We are both out of work, and have no prospects. We have been looking, but we are about to be out of money... Anyways, if ever I get moody or stressed, I totally take it out on my husband. I mean, he is definitely not perfect, by any stretch, but I don't think he deserves all of my anger. I dread coming home, and look for excuses to get out of the house. I don't know what to do. I hate the way I am acting. I have never been like this before. Please don't tell me to suck it up, I've tried that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:08 PM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• Just explain to your husband how you feel. I am sure he will understand.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 8:14 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Have you tried to telling him how you feel? While I don't know what your situation feels like I'm sure he is also stressed considering the situation. You might tell him your sorry even though you will probably do again, but you should want him to know that it is the situation which is causing you to behave in the manner which you are. This is a time when you need to bond together in order to overcome.

Peace, <>
    JoyceTN

Answer by JoyceTN at 8:14 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Trust me, you're not the only one. I don't have quite the same story as you but I understand the frustration and anger. I went from working full time to being a stay at home mom and working twice a week if even that. I feel like I'm trapped in my house sometimes and I def take it out on my husband.He told me something was wrong with me months ago and I flipped out. Then a few weeks ago, I realized it really is me not him. I think it really helps to talk to other mothers about it. You probably can't afford any medical help but I am temporarily on anti-depressants. Maybe you can seek out other moms in your area and do play dates. If you want to talk, I'm here , just message me
    msfila1980

Answer by msfila1980 at 8:16 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• i'm sure your husband understands why your acting the way you are. i'm lucky that my husband has always known i stressed about money and how it effects me so much that i take it out on him. we have always been poor and this recession hasn't hit us that hard but i still freak out about how to pay for bills, car maintenace etc etc.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 9:02 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• when women have issues they just want to talk about them and be heard. Unfortunately men don't understand this and they either take offense or want to solve the problem. I would call a girl friend first if I were you because women understand the venting thing. Try to advert this anger to a cry. A cry wouldn't be as offensive to him and it's a feminine thing. He may get you a lil better if he's not putting up his defenses.
    Tickledtrauma

Answer by Tickledtrauma at 12:52 AM on Oct. 31, 2009