How do you get over it!!!

Hi,

This is my first time ever being on one of these. I am recently divorced. My ex-husband in Janurary came home one day and decided that he just didn't want it anymore. He kicked me and our 4 yr old son out of our home. He left me with nothing No money, no place to live or go, nothing from the house. Absoulty. I had to go to a womans shelter. I really truly loved my ex-husband. I would have done anything for him to make him happy. I know that it wasn't a healthy relationship. He treated me and our son terribly. Mostly me though. I apparently was never good enough for him. He did abuse me mentally but, regardless of how badly he treated me I loved him dearly. I know sounds crazy. He said some pretty horrible things to me. things that will stick with me forever. It has now been 11 months and I still cry. I miss him and I miss my home. He has a gf and I find myself so jealous. How do you get over it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:10 PM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Awww...I'm sorry time is the only thing I can think of. Give yourself some time
    Anonymous

• find a goal for ur self weather it be going back to school,geting a job, and pay as much attention to ur child as possible.the less u see of him the faster u will get over him.i am so sorry.i had to move out of state to get over my ex and not want to be with him,after i did that he was calling and crying wanting me back.i didnt take him back
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:08 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• time and dating others will help
    Anonymous

• Look at your son and realize that he is the ONLY good thing that ex of yours gave you.

What kind of man kicks out his wife and child? He's a terrible person for that.
    Don't waste your time missing someone who didn't care what happened to not only you but your child as well.
    If my DH did that to me I would never forgive him.

If you keep looking to the past you can never move forward.
    Make changes in your life. Do everything in your power to make life good and normal for your son.
    Forget the p.o.s. who chucked you both out like garbage.

Forget me, if someone treated MY kids like that...well I certainly wouldn't be wasting tears and energy on them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• If he was mentally abusive to you, you should be able to get therapy. Contact organizations for abused women and find out what services are available to you as a victim of abuse. The fact that it was just mental abuse doesn't matter--he screwed with your head, and you need some help in healing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:03 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Get a good lawyer.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 10:53 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• awwww this is hard and even if he did not treat you right it was what you were use to and thought of as normal although not good for you or your child. It takes time...I agree setting goals for yourself and therapy to help you deal. The reason you may want to go back may have nothing to do with him and therapy is good to help you realize things you may not know about yourself. I am sorry hope it gets better!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on Nov. 1, 2009