I was wondering how would I go about entering my daughter in padgents?

I live in Texas, and I was wondering if anyone knew hoe I could go about starting my baby girl in padgents?

Laylas_Mommy09

Asked by Laylas_Mommy09 at 8:14 PM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I would first conduct a search for pageants in your area. From there you could email for an application or call. There is a fee for entering pageants the cost for each one is different. You might consider attending some first to see how they operate.

Peace, <>
    JoyceTN

Answer by JoyceTN at 8:21 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• first I'd learn to spell it.
    Anonymous

• This is your decision but let me warn you of a few little known dangers of this area and I speak from experience as a close friend went thru these issues!

1 - Lots of times, more than not, pedophiles peruse these things for their own jollies and God only know what they will attempt.
    2 - Later on, if your child stays in this "hobby", possible eating disorders are very real (my experience with the industry was anorexia).
    3 - Later on, your child assumes her worth is only in her looks not her wholeness as a person. Developing self-esteem issues which can be long term or permanent.

These are just a few reasons I am against it and forbid any of my children to participate. Do your research in the modeling industry for further nightmare facts. The age is really irrelevant as issues caused are just different by ages.
    wvwoodsartscraf

Answer by wvwoodsartscraf at 2:31 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Why would you do that? Are you trying to teach your daughter to judge her self worth based on what other people think? Is she only good enough if some panel of tired ass judges deem her worthy? Are you teaching her that her looks are more important than the content of her character? Pageants are sexists- when is the last time a man walked out on stage in a barely there speedo in front of a panel of judges to be judged? Why would expose your beautiful, precious child to a world of degradation?

Think about it long and hard first.

Anonymous