Why are Two's Terrible?

I have an amazing 2 yr old little boy, he's very smart & everyone else tells me, he is SO good for them. I literally get compliments all of the time. However, he has been going thru this phase, where as soon as I'm around & seemingly whenever I'm around... he cries & whines about everything, or talks back or completely ignore me. I'm not saying, I never get to enjoy my son without yelling, it happens. Every morning before I go to school he enjoys breakfast and I enjoy coffee while watching Seasame Street & it's bliss. But I would say a good portion of my week is spent frustrated & disciplining... I have a few methods of dealing with bad behavior, like time-out, loosing a toy, going to bed sometimes is the only choice at a certain part of the day, I try to talk to him & at his eye level. But sometimes I simply feel like I'm being defeated and ran by a 2 yr old. What happened to my kid, Why? & How do u deal with bratty moments?

SurgicallyVIP

Asked by SurgicallyVIP at 8:36 PM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• They are just testing their limits to see where they are. Stay firm. I am going through this as well. ~sigh~
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 8:40 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Wowzers Im a bit skittish of this;;; But you have my support!

My aunt used a rolled up news paper and a spray bottle on my brother when we were younger... and he was more baffled than bratty.
    Nerdymama

Answer by Nerdymama at 9:47 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I heard that kids act up sometimes more with parents because they are soo comfortable with them. That's kind of a way of saying, I'm tired of being perfect in front of everyone else and just wanna let loose.
    ProudMammaMia

Answer by ProudMammaMia at 9:49 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Yeah I'm going through the same thing and am wondering where my little sunshine went :( I spend most of my time disciplining and stressed. Its so hard. I hate this stage.
    Anonymous

• I've decided that around the age of two all of our children just get abducted and replaced with these brats. It amazes me that the police haven't caught on to this trend yet, maybe because the aliens look so much like the dear sweet darlings we gave birth to.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:54 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• see my first never hit terrible 2's but at 3 he became more diffucult but his sister before 2 was a pistol and still is! SIGH All kids are different and sounds like you are doing a wonderful job! Hang in there
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 12:56 AM on Nov. 1, 2009