anyone have IUD removed?

I had my mirena IUD removed on Tuesday October 27 and started on ortho tri cyclen lo. I have puked 2 times a day since tuesday . and have constant stomach aches. Is this normal? has anyone had this happen to them or what happened when they had it removed. also how long are the hormones from Mirena in a persons system? i had to have mine removed because of issues and turned out it was not where it was supposed to be. good thing i wanted it removed as it was ineffective!

lovinMYtwins07

Asked by lovinMYtwins07 at 9:18 PM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Health

• Sorry I don't know. I didn't have mine out, it apparently "slipped" out and I didn't know until I turned up pregnant. We really don't know what happened to it because I never felt it come out, I never saw it and the drs never found it.
    Anonymous

• i had mine removed a year ago and it took about 5 months for my hormones to get back to normal...almost had to be perscribed hormones to become regular agian.

they say that you can get pregnant as soon as you get it taken out...but i havent been on birth control since and still no pregnancy.

give your doc a call and ask about the symptoms...could also be the new birth control
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 10:16 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I had my IUD taken out in May because we were TTC but as of yet no baby :(

I had the Paraguard IUD though. No hormones in that one. I did feel like crap for a few days.... here's to you feeling better! I'd say if it gets any worse, to call/go back to your doctor to make sure everything is ok.
    weezer_cookie

Answer by weezer_cookie at 11:28 PM on Oct. 30, 2009