Has anyone you know had the H1N1?

What was it like? where they tested? I am wondering how you know if you have that or the regular flu. I mean I don't want to take my kid to the doctor at a $50 co-pay for them to say it's just a cold or it's just the regular flu let it run it's course. How do you know if they need to go? I mean they get the flu almost every year and have never been to the doc for it...(They are well I am just wondering with all the talk about it)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:53 PM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Kids' Health

• It doesn't bother me any. She should have to follow the rules just the same as everyone else.
    Anonymous

• Sorry, accidently posted this in the wrong question.
    Anonymous

• I didn't worry about it, If my son had it (highly probible) then he had it, we treated it just like the normal flu except his fever was a bit high. Wiped him down with a warm washcloth a few times, it came back down to reasonable. If it had needed a doc I would have taken him, but since it didn't I didn't worry about it.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 11:06 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• They are saying to stay home if your symptoms are mild and most docs are not even testing anymore. So if your kids have been fine with regular flus then this one too just let it run it's course.

Obviously look for any serious symptoms like struggling to breath, can't keep fluids down etc...then take them in.
    Anonymous

• My daughter had H1N1 in May. It was the flu!! 3 days of fever (the highest was 102.5), a few more of cough and congestion, one really gross bloody nose

Answer by rkoloms at 12:14 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• I would just watch for breathing problems and dehydration. Other then that I would let it run its course.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 3:56 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Several people I know have tested positive and many others have been told you most likely have it, but were not tested. It was no worse then any other flu they have gotten and some of them were young children.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 10:57 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• My friend's son just had it. They don't test here anymore, unless you are admitted to the hospital. He was over it in 3 days.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 1:48 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Five children in my daycare have had it, as well as three administrators and one teacher. We have 950 kids.
    Anonymous

• My daughter had it, and we didn't do anything special for it. we didn't go in within 48 hours of symptom onset, so tamiflu wouldn't have been an option (though I think she's too young anyway).
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 10:40 PM on Oct. 31, 2009