Anyone not excited?

Ok I know that sounds harsh, and its not exactly what I mean, but DH wanted a second and I wanted to wait a month because I just wasn't feeling it. DD is almost 19 m and I haven't gotten baby fever or anything. I'm actually very happy with just one. Well DH kinda messed up accidentally on purpose this month and here I am pregnant. We have money, life is stable all around but I'm just really having a hard time. I feel kinda depressed. I always figured we'd have a second but I never felt the desire. What do I do? I feel like a horrible person and it breaks my heart. I want to want this baby. I want to be happy. I'm just not and I really could use someone's help/ past experience and how everything worked out. How do I get on board?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 PM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i had planned to stop after my 2nd child. I was on birthcontrol but got pregnant on the mini-pill. my son (the 2nd child) was a handful as a young baby. i seriously didn't sleep much at all the frist 9 months because he would just randomly start screaming. now here i am almost 19 weeks pregnant and I am finally starting to get on board with this one. i fell bad that I haven't been excited, but i refused to fake feelings. I think it helped to hear the heartbeat and start picking out potential names. it was really just an idea i had to get use to. i know as soon as the baby comes out i will love it just as much as i have the other two, so i try not to stress about the way i am feeling right now, especially with hormones going crazy.
    RosaMae

Answer by RosaMae at 10:16 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• My SO wanted us to have a baby together, and I agreed. I said we should wait a little while, until we're ready as a family since he has 2 daughters from a previous marriage and I have a son... Well I got pregnant not even a month after we talked about it, I ended up prego... Wasn't excited at first, but now that I'm 4 months along, I'm excited now! Give it some time. Maybe you'll get happy and excited. Good luck!
    Amy75972

Answer by Amy75972 at 10:18 PM on Oct. 30, 2009