Would you say that you married the love of your life?

Or are you wondering "what if?"...

OR is there someone you wish you'd marry instead of your husband.

I wanna hear stories :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:13 PM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• I met my DH about a year after I got out of an abusive relationship, and for obvious reasons, had no trust in men. He was patient, understanding and kind to me. Still is! I just pray that my daughter finds a man this wonderful.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 10:19 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I feel 100% that I married the love of my life. I knew he was the one the moment I met him and that has not changed since that moment.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:19 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I KNOW I married the love of my life, but we were young and I wondered what if... He was still waiting for me when I removed my head from my ass and saw that I had left the best thing I ever had.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 10:25 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• i wonder sometimes. i love my hubs dearly.ive been with him since i was 15.so he's really what all of my teenage memories are about.i almost always think about if my soulmate is out there waiting for me. but then whenveri strayed from our marriage for a month i found myself comparignthe new guy i was with to my dh..oh lord the hold men have over us.
    Anonymous

• I can honestly say I did not. I dated a guy for 11 years. I loved him, and he loved himself too. He and I did not want the same things in life, children and marriage. I spent my young 20s hoping and praying that he would love me more and was willing to compromise well he never did and I got wise. I met my husband two years later and I fell in love with him because he was the first man who really wanted to learn who I was. He loved me and wanted to make me his and I was completely moved by that. I often wonder if I even know what love is because I was in such an emotionally unbalanced relationship for so long. I miss the excitement of looking into someone's eyes and just wanting to devour that person. I love my husband because he is a great father and a good husband and for the person he is but he is not my soulmate.
    PatricksMama07

Answer by PatricksMama07 at 10:54 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I did marry the love of my life. We met serendipitously in high school. We kept running into eachother through various ppl we both knew, and after I transferred schools, he ended up being my new best friend's prom date (they went as friends, and I went with an ex because I had no one to go with). We flirted at the prom, and a month later I hinted that I was interested, and he asked me out right away. It was one of those things where we couldn't stand not being together, from almost the moment we started to get to know each other. We were engaged at 19, and married at 22, right before I gave birth to our son. We've been married for 2 1/2 years now. We of course have had our share of problems, but we are one of those couples that ppl always talk about as being so great at working out our differences, great at working together, and good for each other. He calms me down (I stress alot), and I help him focus (he has ADD).
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 11:18 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I know beyond a doubt that I married my soul mate. In 21 years of marriage I've never had any "what ifs" or regrets.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:36 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I am a million percent sure that I married the right person.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 12:03 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• My husband is no knight in shining armour, clueless about a lot of girl things and can be totally madening sometimes, but i love him to death and he IS the love of my life. I can't imagine being married to any of the frogs i kissed and didn't change into princes! I can't say it was love at first sight coz we were friends for a year, then he spent 6 months courting me before i said yes to going out with him. Then i married him a year later and though we have our arguments, i don't want it any other way!
    maimutsa

Answer by maimutsa at 12:21 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• I think we all have many people who could be the love of our life. There are missed opportunities then new ones come along. I am married to a wonderful man he is my great love. Could someone else have been that great love? Probably but we both opened our hearts to each other like we had not to others and we are that great love for each other. We did not choose to let this opportunity to pass us by.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Oct. 31, 2009