Im in a pickle!

Okay DH and I share a house with my mother. We half the rent and bills... Its our house equally. She is basically a roommate. Well I've posted before that she is bringing her new boyfriend over and having really loud sex... I got some good answers from you guys. When I brought it up and asked her to be considerate she flipped out and said we didnt want her to be happy. Thats not at all what I said. Well since day 1 that he has been here I've refused to be in the same room cause he is a smoke and im 32 weeks pregnant and it makes me completely sick to smell it. So today he was over and I stayed in my room as usual. When he left I came out and the room still smelt like cigarette I immediately went into an asthma attack. Ive had asthma since I was a little girl. My Mom thinks im faking it to get rid of her new man. Why does she think this? Why does she not care his smoking is making me sick? How do I deal with this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 PM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Im not trying to sabatoge her relationship or anything I just want her to realize she isnt the only one who lives here and im about to have a baby. I dont need to be sick. He should shower before he comes over so as not to contaminate our home with 3rd hand smoke. Idk she is taking it the wrong way
    Anonymous

• Thats dumb. I would buy your own bottle of air freshner and when you feel the need to spray it then spary it. If you're going into ashtma attacks I hope your mother has this man stop smoking when your baby IS born. Why cant he just smoke out side?

If it gets too complicated then you and your hubby should look for another place. Dont be breating in all that yucky smoke. Save your money so that its possiable to move out.
    MommyTurtle1985

Answer by MommyTurtle1985 at 10:40 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Tell her it is out house to. He has to smoke outside.
    Sounds like you need to find your own place.

When he come over. Go and open all the windows in the house.

Answer by louise2 at 10:43 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Meant (our house)

Answer by louise2 at 10:45 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Can you afford to live by yourself? I'd move, that's a deal breaker. She should be considerate of your needs.

SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:05 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• its her house too... Do you do things that annoy her? such as asking for privileges because you are pregnant? Sounds like it to me, living with other people means give and take. Is your child loud occasionally at night (or will be) She should get the same respect for her loud sex you get for your loud child. Not saying you have to give 100% but just be aware of what you are asking vs what your mother will be dealing with in a few months. The smoking thing I can completely understand. DH smokes and I ask him to wear a jacket outside when he smokes that he leaves at the door (it really does absorb most of the odor, its a flannel jacket with a lining and the soft fabric soaks it all up then gets left outside). I also ask him to brush his teeth before he gets close to me or DS.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 12:45 AM on Oct. 31, 2009