12 weeks pregnant and Tamiflu

I found out yesterday that my daughter was sick with swine flu, 2 weeks before that my brother turned up sick and so did my mother. I tried contacting my OB but she kept on sending me to the ER and Urgent Care and both places told me I needed to see her but she wont see me. The Doctor at Urgent Care prescribed me TAMI FLU he tried talking to my OB about it but she wouldn't get back to him nor would she get back to me. but I don't know if I should take it. I"m 12 weeks pregnant and I don't want to lose this baby. Has anyone taken TAMI FLU at 12 weeks or in their first trimester? I'm really scared that if I take it I might lose the baby. I'm having respiratory problems along with a cough and fever. What should I do? PLEASE HELP!

AlaylasMom17

Asked by AlaylasMom17 at 11:14 PM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Health

• what if you call the pharmacy? I bet they won't say anything either but you could try.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:23 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I looked it up and most of what I haev found says that it should not be used in pregnancy. Some sites go so far as to say that it can be used if the benefits clearly out weight the risk to the mother and fetus...Keep calling Demand the ER give you an answer this is your health and your baby's demand answers.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:27 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Get Elderberry syrup!

The FDA criticized the manufacturer of Tamiflu for "overstatement" of claims of efficacy, since blind studies comparing it to a placebo only resulted in a 1.3 day difference. A study on Sambucol (Elderberry) found a 3-4 day difference in duration of symptoms.
    Most important, stay well hydrated!
    Feel better

Answer by rkoloms at 12:05 AM on Oct. 31, 2009