Jealous of a friend

Are you jealous of any of your friends ? Why ?

I know it is weird, I am not a jealous person...but I am soo envious of one of my friends... She is alot thinner than me, her husband is good looking and they have an amazing relationship, we are both stay at home moms, but her husband brings in alot more money ( alot more ! ) , they bought a big new house, and go on vacations all the time...

I am just in one of those moods or something, I dont know. I am just realizing how my life has turned out, it is nothing of what I wanted..... I hate my husband, he is selfish and mean, and is turning my kids on me...I have gained 50 lbs in the last year because of depression, he is hiding money from me, saying we never have any, but i know that we do...and he gave me a talk today saying he is the man, so he makes the rules and gets to tel me what i can and cannot do. I am afriad I am going to end up on SNAPPED.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 PM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Dont be jealous. You never know how things are for them behind closed doors. Relax and make life be how you want it. I hope you dont want to be on snapped tho
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 11:25 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Why would you let a coward do that to you? He's certainly isn't a man.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:25 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• i really feel that right now this are no other options...i have never had a job, i dont even know how to drive a car, i have alot of family but no one that i can see me and my kids living with until i can get a good enough job and get our own place....
    Anonymous

• You need to tell him "I am the woman and you aren't going to f with me!" Wow your DH is a jerk. Don't be jealous! Instead use it as inspiration to improve your own life :)
    Anonymous

• Be careful with the jealousy, If it is a good friend you don't want to lose her. It sounds normal to have the feelings you are experiencing and it is ok. As women we need to feel loved by our man. Yours sounds like he has power issue. It is possible he is feeling bad himself.

But I also see major RED FLAGS. Learn about warning signs of Domestic Violence. Make sure you are not being abused. Get out if you need too, but make sure you make a plan first. Work on you, make sure you self esteem is not to low that you are putting up with any kind of abuse..

Don't worry about how much you gained, Just try to make sure you have healthy habits, eat healthy, excercise and rest. Walking is great. No relationship is perfect and money does not make a person happy. Most people just want more.

I don't own my own home, I even don't have a car, No great man. I just have my kids and decent appartment. I choose to be happy.
    Dreaming87

Answer by Dreaming87 at 11:47 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I truly believe in the notion that where there is life there is hope. Do you have a hobby that you love? Find out how you can make money out of it, like baking or sewing or making dolls. You might be feeling jealous because you feel unhappy already anyway, but if you had a steady income and something that you do you will gain financial freedom and it will increase your self esteem and in turn will lift your depression. Also try to exercise, even if it means walking for 30 minutes 3 times a week. This will also elevate you mood and help you lose weight. Try to also find out from your friend how she achieved her ideal weight or how she finds happiness in her marriage, you will be surprised at how much it could help you. Good luck
    maimutsa

Answer by maimutsa at 11:57 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I have learned to appreciate what little I have and don't care about what someone else has because I feel that I am rich. It is not about stufff. But sometimes I wish I had a car either that or a wheelchair would help on days I am hurting. I just remember things can always be worse.

I had a friend who had everything, a car, a great husband, brand names only and her health. She was the most miserable person I knew. She always wanted more and never appreciated anything. I even tried everything to make her happy until she became too selfish. She was jealous of me and lost my friendship because she became evil against me. She had nothing to be jealous of where I did but I wasn't.
    Dreaming87

Answer by Dreaming87 at 12:05 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• OK.

1. Envious=Jealousy

2. You need to get out of your relationship

3. Only you can make yourself happy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Oh, anon :57 here. NO, I am not jealous of my friends AT ALL.
    Anonymous