What are good and creative ways to play with a 16 month old girl?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 PM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I dont really have any creative ideas but I'll still list some of the things we do. Fingerpaints, Coloring, playing babydolls (rocking the baby, putting the baby to sleep, loving on the baby), ball, peek-a-boo a lot she cant get enough of it. Chase - I tell her "mamas going to get you" she starts running and squealing it's so funny. Sorry thats about all I got. My daughter is 15 months old and if you have any ideas I would love to hear them. Its hard trying to keep them entertained.
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 11:46 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• there is one "toy" that i think is pretty creative and my DD seems to love...i started saving boxes & tubes from food: pasta boxes, pringle cans, diaper boxes, cereal boxes, etc. we use them as building blocks and she freaks out! the towers get really big really fast & she loves to just plow right threw them & say "uhoh!"

but other than that we just do pretty basic stuff...peek-a-boo, reading, playing ball, & singing songs.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:23 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• We do coloring, finger painting, play dough, play with blocks, we have bath crayons that she loves, we listen to different types of music and dance, I bought like 4 bags of different color/types of beans and pored them all into a large bin and gave her scoopers, cups, funnels etc to play with (we just have to make sure to watch and enforce our no beans in the mouth and picking up all beans that spill out rules lol). That's all I can think of right now.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 4:08 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• We do chase, ball, mark your set go, tickle monster, finger paint, coloring. She loves being mommy to her stuffed animals. She also loves flash cards, mind you she holds them and ask me what they are. Puzzles, reading, dancing. Playing in the dirt or water. Fetch with the dog.  We also love going to the library reading group for her age group (lots of singing and a book)  She also enjoys going to playgroup and playing with her "friends".  And she recently discovered she can cover herself and play peek-a-boo like that , she loves it.  And if I cover my face and say were is mommy she thinks it is hilarious to pull my fingers off and I say peek-a-boo.  She will also hide her face in my cupped hands, while I ask were she is.  So cute.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 10:20 AM on Oct. 31, 2009