ok i asked a question a few days ago about state screwing me..

i was the one that babysits a 2 yr old and his mom now gets childcare threw the state so the state pays me..i recived a letter saying her copay is 23.57..anyways i called the state the women was mean and huffy to me..i asked what am i getting paid and what is the moms pay out..she said u are in your own bussiness u chage what u want we only pay a certin percent..well ok whats your prcent..20% 30% 60%..she never ansewrd me. and ask about moms pay out was it can be more or less. i couldnt get a simple answer..i wanted to cry and she was so mean..then she says well u just put in a claim for 94.00..ummm no i didnt my last claim was 84 dollars not 94..i also said i have only done 3 claims one for 112.00 and recived 52 dollars 2nd one was 40.00 never recived that. and the 84.00 but never 94. so i have to wait to get a check look it up and figure something out worth it or not. also told mom she owes 2 payments of 23.57.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 PM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Money & Work

• I'm sorry. I've never had to work with child care assistance... but I know the people at welfare are rude, and don't really care about the people! (at least in my area) I'd call again, and if you get the same run around, ask to speak to a supervisor.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 11:37 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• i think i will do that..i sewar she was rude to me and huffed at me 3x's even sighd..like i was being a pain..im sorry i had 2 questions and your the one who can answer. i even said ohh ok so u cover 60%..no i just just saying..she wouldnt tell me anything. well ok what do i make u make what ever u want so i made the joke ok 40 and hour lol..she said what ever we only pay a percentage..well what is it..simple question. i asked ok i submited a payment it was 112.00 for 28 hours at 4.00 and hour..yes...well i only reciced 52 dollars of that..does the mom cover the rest. (60.00 )..no. fine u need to work with me. im trying to help her and be nice and im getting nothing and screwed..
    Anonymous

• I'm gonna try to explain it as best I can for being after midnight and being uber tired. I hope it's slightly understandable but i apologize if I confuse you that much more lol.. you can go on your states gov't website and click on child care. They should give you a list of what they pay. what they mean by paying a percentage is say the mom is approved for 70 hours bi weekly. They estimate what the minimum pay for babysitting. Ok say the average for payment is 2 bucks an hour in your state. They pay whatever precentage the mom was approved for assistance (depending on her income)... say she was approved for 100%, then they would be paying you 2 bucks an hour. if she's approved for 50%, then they will pay you 1 dollar an hour. If you babysit more than the 70 hours approved for assistance, then the mom has to pay you the difference of the percentage plus the full price of the hours over the 70 hours.
    saralouise

Answer by saralouise at 12:11 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• I hope I explained that right. it's so confusing.
    saralouise

Answer by saralouise at 12:20 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Yes the mom needs to be paying you $23.57 a week for her part. Then you will file with the state and they pay it looks like maybe 50% but im not sure. It doesnt sound like they are paying you the difference between what she pays and what you are billing them?
    Sandyr911

Answer by Sandyr911 at 10:21 AM on Nov. 3, 2009