BF's so called "mother"...

Ive been with my bf for going on 6 years now,and we have a 3 year old son together. My bf is an amazing father-and really great to me too,yet his mother still treats him like crap! She hates me,and has always said our son doesnt belong to my bf (they're identical,and I've NEVER cheated on him,but she's a witch like that). Anyways it got to the point where she was being so awful and running her mouth about our son being a "bastard' baby and me being a whore and everything else that we moved almost 300 miles away over a year ago and my bf refused to even talk to her because of all the trouble and bullcrap she caused.My bf's brother has tried convincing him to "give their mom a chance to patch things up" yet she didnt even call him for his birthday she claims she "forgot" even tho his bro called right from her place and told him happy bday. its not just that,she has always treated him like crap,and used him for whatever she could

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 PM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• (? cont.): get out of him-before we moved she took him for over $2000 and he never seen a dime of it back! When he refused to "loan"her anymore money thats when things really went downhill and she threatened to do all kind of crazy stuff-and started spreading more and more rumors about me and our son. She can hate me all she wants,because the feeling is mutual but it really irritates me how she treated my bf! He deserves so much better! The main ? is should I try and convince my bf to start talking to his mom again after a year-or should I just let it go and see what he chooses to do? I told him I would support him no matter what choice he makes,but I'm not going to subject our son to the ridicule and bullcrap because of her shallow trouble-making self! How can anybody call thereself a mother when they act so selfish!?!?
    Anonymous

• I would talk to him about it and find out what he wants to do. Support him no matter what though.
    Anonymous

• this is more of a homepage journal entry vent and shouldn't be posted here
    Anonymous

• anon 54: dont respond or read then, she is a big girl!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• My husband & I've been together 22 years. His mom decided she hated me w/o meeting me. I was divorced & had a child. I hoped that once she got to know me that she'd at least see that I loved her son & learn to tolerate me. She did some ugly things, to my husband & me & finally told my husband that she was "dead to us". He left the ball in her court. We had her only grandchildren, nothing. I continued to send her gifts for mother's day & her birthday. At 1 point she sent a thank you card & my husband got it. He didn't know I'd sent gifts. She basically wrote thanks for the gift, from, her name. Didn't say anything personal, didn't sign it mom, & he has never called her by name. He was so hurt, told me never to send another gift & I haven't. We've only seen her twice in the last 18 years. I have 3 sons, & can't imagine not seeing them. I guess my advice is, let him handle it, support him, you can't change things. Good Luck.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:13 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• The sad fact is that there are some women who have issues with their children and are just dysfunctional that way. My BF Annie's mother Louise, was a fantastic person, but her mother hated her. Our mother's had been best friends as children and Louise's Aunt told my mother once when they were teens that she was surprised that Louise had lived through the first 4 years of her life. And it wasn't until the aunt threatened her with taking Annie away did she stop beating her, yet she was always abused emotionally. She never turned her back on her mother (who wasn't all that nice to anyone, but her other two children, she was even abusive to her husband) and when Louise died a few years ago. All of Louise's children stopped speaking to her. She was caught bad mouthing her own dead daughter! It was disgusting. Sometimes people are toxic and its best to just let them go. (I put in names so it wouldn't get confusing they aren't real
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• She sounds mentally ill. I would protect my child at all costs. Try to be supportive of whatever your DH chooses, and don't try to sway him either way. He sounds like a great guy who will make a good decision. He knows her best, with all of her scary flaws, so let him decide. If she can't behave appropriately and it hurts your child, then I would excommunicate her.
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 7:50 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Thanks ALOT for all your replies!! I told my BF I would support whatever choice he makes,and he told his brother straight up that I haven't EVER told him what to do (his mother swears up and down I run his life).I know that nobody is perfect BUT how anybody can treat there own flesh and blood so badly! Our son is our LIFE and he always comes first! It just breaks my heart knowing what my BF went through growing up...His aunts even told me that when him and his 2 brothers were growing up that their grandma had to buy things they needed because all there mom and dad worried about buying was cigarettes and gas so they could constantly run! They would give the boys a bag of apples and then leave for the night,apples for 3 meals! Im just glad my BF is NOTHING like them. It just crazy!! People like her make me wonder why certain people are able to re-produce! Thanks again for all the input!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Oct. 31, 2009