Toothache turning worse! Please please any advice????

Just really a vent........I have 2 major toothaches that are giving me major earaches & headaches! It has been like this for over a month now. No dentist around here takes our insurance pluse were over our thing on our insurance bc of having to take ds & dh to the dentist & we dont have the money at all to just pay it out frunt. Our insurance starts back in January but I cant handle the pain any longer! My dh is gone for 14 days out of the month, so when the pain is at its worse I have no help with my 11 month old & almost 3 year old. Im just in so much pain I have been taking tylenol left & right & I hate taking any kind of pain medicane but it hasent helped anyways & I cant take anything stronger because Im breast feeding. Any ideas on what I can do to make the pain a little less painful? Please any advice would be great! Thanks!

texasmomma08

Asked by texasmomma08 at 11:53 PM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Health

• My dentist recommended a few things that might help you.

One, make sure your diet is bland, the bacteria in your mouth that turns a toothache into an abcessed tooth loves spicy food. By spicy, I mean even plain spaghetti sauceand katchup is a no-no.

Two, you can swish your mouth out with a solution of hydrogen peroxide and water. I am trying to find the actual amounts for you but since I've moved recently its not readily available. (Do not use this if you are pregnant).

You can also swish with salt water which takes longer, but I refuse to do the peroxide thing.

Regardless of the cost involved, you need antibiotics! An abcessed tooth if left unchecked will spread and in some severe cases cause death.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 12:12 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• oh, there are other remedies too on one of the sites I looked at, but what I gave you came straight from my dentist. But there are others, like a tea bag, baking soda, and things like peppermint oil.

http://www.myhomeremedies.com/static/abcessed-tooth.html is where I went.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 12:18 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• As a former dental assistant I urge you to see a dentist and have your 2 teeth taken care of NOW. The home remedies are all well and good for a day or two type of thing (like waiting over the weekend to get in to see the dentist)-- but NOT for long term use- as it sounds like you are going to do. I would call around to dentists in your area and ask if they would allow you to set t up a payment plan--if you cannot afford to pay it all up front.
    Good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• google dental clinics in your area... i had to have a tooth extracted a couple of years ago, and it went from what you are describing to full blown systemic infection over night. scary! its nothing to play with.
    you may find a dental clinic that works on a sliding scale. if you are describing earaches, i assume it is one of your molars thats bothering you- you may be developing an ear infection as well.... i DO NOT advocate the use of antibiotics, however, this is one of the more serious types of infection that has potential to be life threatening... along with causing a host of other long term health problems... please go get it looked at. if nothing else, try to get the infection knocked down.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:02 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• I would figure out a way to see a dentist fast, some dentists take payment plans, you just have to call around. It will only get worse if you wait and you could loose your teeth. I know how bad th epain is, I've been there and really the only thing to fix it is seeing a dentist, home remedies just aren't enough. Good luck and fell better!
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 10:49 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• You can take vicodin while you are breastfeeding. Get seen and get some painkillers!!
    Anonymous