Is something wrong with me? I Can't seem to get pregnant again!

I have a son who turned 3 in September,and my bf and I are wanting another baby-we never use protection yet I still havent concieved! Once we started trying for our son it only took a little over a month to get pregnant yet he's 3 and no luck! Is there a chance that something could be wrong with me now even though I already had one healthy pregnancy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 PM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Honey, the only way to know for sure is to see your doctor. I wish you the best of luck!
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 12:14 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• How long you been trying?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:33 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• I've heard of lots of women who get pregnant quickly with their first and their second takes months longer. I think you probably just got lucky the first time. It's all about the timing, you could just be having sex at the wrong time. I'm sure you're fine, it just doesn't always happen right away.
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 11:03 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• It sounds like you may be experiencing secondary infertility. If you have been having well time intercourse for 6 months to a year I would go see a Reproductive Endocrinologist. I know all to well how frustrating and heart aching it is to see your period come month after month when you want a baby. When my daughter was 5 my husband and I decided to start trying again for another baby. We tried for 3 years with no luck before we went to a Reproductive Endocrinologist. They check out everything; semen analysis, blood test to see if you are ovulating, ovarian reserve for egg quality, HSG- checks you tubes and uterus for abnormalities. After all our testing it was discovered that although my husband fathered one child and his sperm count was in the low normal range, they were to weak to penetrate the egg. We chose to do IVF/ICSI to help with his problem. We got pregnant on the first try with twins they are now 5 weeks old.

marilyp

Answer by marilyp at 8:41 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• continued............. Anyway go get checked out It may not take all that it took for us to get pregnant again. You may be having just a simple ovulation problem and the RE can determine which medicine will work best for you and monitor you more closely. We wasted a year with a regular OBGYN.
    marilyp

Answer by marilyp at 8:45 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• We are having a hard time getting pregnant with #2 also. Doc put me on clomid to help me ovulate, hope it works! The best thing to do is check with your doctor. GL
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 11:14 AM on Nov. 1, 2009