4 month old talking ....

My 4 month old never shuts up ... she is constantly grunting, whining, and trying to talk. I just wanted to know if that is normal ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Oct. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• grunting...my baby did that from birth to around 3 months or so. It was an odd sound. Babbling is very normal and it is a good sign that baby is practicing making noises, which will help in several months when you will want him to say some words.
    CurvyMommato1

Answer by CurvyMommato1 at 12:18 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• yeah its normal
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 12:27 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• wow I am surprised that you didn't get bashed for your question. I have been reading the questions and answers on this site and there are a bunch of psychotic bitches on here.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• To say that a baby "never shuts up" sounds pretty harsh. Babies are well known for crying alot. Plus, they have no way to communicate other than crying and making sounds. That is entirely normal, but I doubt a four month old is really about to talk.
    Southernroots

Answer by Southernroots at 12:49 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• OP here....
    Well obviously she isnt about to quote shakespeare, but she does put consonant and vowel sounds together... sorry I didn't know I had to break it down for you. AND she doesn't cry a lot, I didn't say anything about crying ... I said whining ... I didn't know if it was normal for my baby do be making noises allll of the time. Sorry I sound harsh, but it's true she is non stop!
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 12:56 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• yeah, my son is the same way...he wants to talk to us
    Kimra

Answer by Kimra at 1:00 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Yes it's normal... as soon as my son found his voice we haven't had peace! LOL He is a chatterbox, now he's 15 months and can say tons of words.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:55 AM on Oct. 31, 2009