How much money do you spend on treats for the trick-or-treaters?

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 12:43 AM on Oct. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm not sure because my husband picked up the candy this year but we always get one jumbo bag of mixed candy and when it's gone, it's gone!
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 12:44 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• This year we spent about 20 bucks. I don't think we'll have very many trick-or-treaters. It's supposed to be 35 degrees and rainy so we will have more than enough.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 12:49 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• I think that when my son is in school it might be a little much. I see myself as being the mom that makes goodie bags for every kid during the holidays. And the one that volunteers at stuff and runs everything.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:58 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• I spent like $3 on one bag of candy, the last three years we have not had any but I would feel bad if someone shows up and we have nothing. When i was a teenager we lived in a big neighborhood and my parents spend around $50 to have enough to last the night.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 1:01 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• I spent $0, I was out trick or treating with my kids and hubby. So no one was home to pass out the candy. When my kids are to old to go then I'll pass out candy.

LadybugsMonkeys

Answer by LadybugsMonkeys at 1:04 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• my husband got the candy this year but he bought 4 jumbo bags so ill guess about 20 bucks
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 1:13 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Am not sure yet, we are doing last min shopping tomorrow morning since we been broke :( and we just finally got paid - so probably less then $5 since we wont be home but we still gettin something just in case someone does comes after we get home.
    20_mama_3

Answer by 20_mama_3 at 1:30 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• I spent $0 this year. We are done passing out candy and have been since our last year in 2007. I no longer pass out candy because of the number of mom here on CM and in real life that I know who seriously toss the candy they get and replace it with candy they buy. I used to start buying candy about a month before Halloween and would spend $100 or so on it. No more.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 1:55 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• I think it was just over $26. We bought one jumbo bag of chocolate and one jumbo mixed bag with lemonheads, skittles, starburst and nerds at Costco.

Since we will be out trick or treating, it will be left on the porch and a free for all.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 2:07 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• None for them, because we are out and about so we don't pass out candy. For the family though, I've bought 14 bags. I have a serious sweet tooth.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:50 AM on Oct. 31, 2009