Hey Momma's...who's educated??

Just wondering what kinda majors, degrees, & certificates y'all have. I'm currently at the bottom of the mountain..getting my General Ed done at a community college. I hope to be a high school English teacher with a bachelors in English.

Bernie19

Asked by Bernie19 at 1:13 AM on Oct. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

•  Well, the last grade I COMPLETED was 8th grade. I Drank lots n lots of alcohol. When I got sober at 24, I immediately tried for my GED, I was terrified but I passed with an above average grade. I then started college to become a forensic pathologist. That was in the late 80s when the breakthrough of DNA was exploding! It was extraordinary. I graduated in the early 90s, then went on to The Art Institute for photography to bring THAT also into the police work. I loved my job, but I then began having horrible joint pain that turned into being very sick with lupus. My organs were shutting down so unfortunately I had to stop working entirely, but, I never would have had ANY of it if I hadn't gotten sober! Plus, I also got to have the most beautiful baby girl in 87,so I'm just fine!

jblueeyes228

Answer by jblueeyes228 at 2:15 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• My highest completed education is a HS diploma.
    My highest level of education total is some college. I'm about half finished with an AS degree in Early Childhood Education. ...but i don't know if i'll ever be able to finish it at this point. I'm hoping to challenge the last class that i will need to get my certificate and then change my major. All of me GE is out of the way.

I hope to get a certificate or degree in business and then later on i'd like to get a degree in photography.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:15 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• I have my HS diploma and a certificate in childbirth education from Childbirth International. I hope to one day hold a license as a homebirth midwife, which is quite an achievement, though one not generally recognized as such. It's self study and an apprenticeship.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:21 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Well I completed High School and went to Art School, but didn't finish. For several reasons, one it was too expensive to complete, two I really wasn't all that great at my major even though I love Interior Design. I am great with ideas and people, horrible with drafting and of all things the actual art! Three I was also engaged to be married and we were expecting our first child, my parents were willing to help out while I was at school taking care of him, but it would have been full time. As we lived in Ohio and I went to school in Pittsburgh.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 1:22 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Some High school - No HS diploma but i got my GED.
    Gonna be doing some Online College Next yr thou soon as our bills are caught up after taxes.
    20_mama_3

Answer by 20_mama_3 at 1:23 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Masters in Education
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 1:23 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Masters in Business and Accounting. Too bad I made it in germany and here in the U.S. it doesn't count as an masters... lol... but I'm working on it now!
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 1:28 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• BA English Lit.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:30 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• HS diploma currently enrolled in cosmetology school
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 1:30 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• I have been to college twice - one for jewelry and metal smithing and once for advances aesthetics, got my diploma both times, and soon I am going to be going back to get my ECE (early childhood educator)
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 1:32 AM on Oct. 31, 2009