My baby won't sleep!!!! AHHH!

My 4 month old won't sleep. I can rock him to sleep and lay him down in his crib and he'll wake up 5-10 mins later. He's been doing this for an hour or so. I've fed him, changed him, gave him a bath and Tylenol cuz he had shots yesterday and he's teething. It's comfy and dark in here like he likes it. He has been clawing at his ear for weeks now but his dr said his ears looked good yesterday and that he was prob grabbing his ear due to pain caused by teething. Could this be why he won't sleep? Idk what else to do... He only sleeps when I hold him, and I am not starting the whole "hold him all night" thing. What do you think, ladies?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Oct. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• try infant tylenol( if your comfortable, or do give your dk medicine), it can ease the discomfot of pain, irrataion of njectins, and fever! otherwise it could just be collic; in which case you're in for a loooong night; sorry! my sis went through this with my nephew when he was first born( the collic)!!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 1:36 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• could you lay him in his bed and rub his back (or belly) while singing to him? I find this works wonders with my DS after a few min his just drift off to sleep because he has the comfort of mommy being right there but he doesn't have the bump of you putting him into his bed, and you get to bonus of not having him get used to being rocked to sleep all night.
    Just make sure that you stay a few min after you think he has fallen asleep, because if he is not full asleep he will wake up as soon as you close the door and the whole thing starts over.
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 1:38 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Honestly, since I'm coming in a little late in this... the next time or if again tonight he's in pain and the shots could still be making him feel flu-like.. if he wants you to hold him or rock him, hold him and rock him to sleep -- even for hours... it won't start a pattern, seriously -- just stop doing this when he feels better again. When my children have not felt well I've given them tons of extra mommy time.. it is extremely tiring, but it is part of the JOB description of mommy and they need it! He just needs you to comfort him extra when he doesn't feel well. If he were older, he'd -tell- you that.. but since he's too young to tell you, I will.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Believe it or not, you can get a professional to consult with you about this issue for very little cost. Deb at family sleep is awesome. She clearly cares, so she doesn't charge much. I think she just wants to help moms get some sleep.

http://www.mamaista.com/2009/10/29/the-time-it-is-a-changin/
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Oct. 31, 2009