WHAT AGE DO BABYS START LEFTING THERE HEADS

MY SON WAS ONE MONTH EARLY AND HE WAS BORN JULY 12TH AND IM WORRIED THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG CAUSE HE HAS NOT STARTED TO HOLD HIS HEAD UP ON HIS OWN YET.... SHOULD I BE WORRIED???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on Oct. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No babies prgress differently.
    My son did it at about 3 months my daught did it at 4 months
    Chill it is not a race. They will do it when they are ready to :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• every baby is different!!!! but to be honest; unless the doctor indecates that there's a delay in developement only then shoul you worry! and to futher my honesty; some babbies that excel in one area are delayed in one or two others! I know this because my twins weren't even a day old liftin their heads; but are delayedin their speech now! point is; don't rush your db, but instead enjoy every waking moment you have with him! stress created peranoia, so just ty your best to chillax!!!! easier said than done I know! but its goning to be okay!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 1:32 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Lefting? Where is there? I hope your baby doesn't leave his head anywhere.

Anyway, mine was holding her head up for short periods of time shortly after birth, but all babies develop at different rates. You need to remember to adjust his age for his prematurity when looking for milestones.

Devory

Answer by Devory at 7:02 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Remember you have to adjust his age. He shouldn't be expected to do anything other than an average 3 month old.

That said...mine were lifting their heads from birth. Now...what do YOU mean by lifting? I mean they could pick it up, turn and put it back down. Lifting it and holding it up for any length of time, they were a couple of months old. (even my son who was born 4 weeks early)

Should you be concerned? I don't know. What does the doctor say?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:30 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT WAS HOW OLD DO BABIES START HOLDING THERE HEADS UP.... IM TRYING TO RUSH THINGS IT JUST MY 1ST BABY AND IM NOT SURE ON WHAT TO EXPECT..... AND NO THE DOC HAVENT SAID ANYTHING ABOUT THAT SOMETHING COULD BE WRONG WITH HIM.... I GUESS I JUST HAVE TO LOOK AT IT WHEN HIS DUE DATE NOT BIRTH DAY.... THANKS THOU FOR YOUR ANSWERS
    chrisms111

Answer by chrisms111 at 2:02 PM on Oct. 31, 2009