Do you sometimes hate coming on here for support in fear of getting bashed or belittled by the other moms on here?

I've seen it happen so many times. And sometimes the whole post goes into a different direction than what the poster is asking for. I wonder if the Mommas on here who's doing all the bashing and belittling are the same in real life to their friends asking for support or if just on here online.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Oct. 31, 2009 in Relationships

• I don't think so!!!! I say this because its easier to show your true colors to a total stranger, than those who know you! why is this!? because if those so "high and mighty, and or oppinated about other females" could say it to family and or friends do you really think they'll be liked and or appreciated by those who don't share the same thoughts, feelings and or outlooks!? no; plus they don't have to face reactions!!! womenat times are no different than men; so how could we expect respect of differences for a site meant for moms!? we can not. I believe and stand by anything I respond to or may ask; despite the cattiness!!! I do not care what others think of me!!! all that matters is that my kids see me as the mo they are glad and proud o admit they have!!! live and let live; the rest you got to let roll of your back like water.
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 1:49 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• they are probably just doing it on-line. I also notice that most of them love to hide behind the Annon button and bash away with out the fear of being called out.
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 1:42 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• IMO women are worse than men when it comes to criticizing others. they are quicker to do it than men and are often meaner. i think it has to do with their self worth or lack thereof. insecure ppl reveal themselves with this type of behavior; bashing those around them who don't share their opinion. it's one thing to have a different viewpoint on something and it can be shared without being a brat. it's when they go so far to judge and knock those who are different. everyone is entitled to their opinion.

most of the time i find myself either posting questions worded very carefully or anon hoping ppl will not be rude. i really don't ask a lot of questions on here n e way for the very reason u even asked this question.
    islandmom85

Answer by islandmom85 at 2:07 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Thats the reason why things i find important I post as anon. I realize people will bash no matter what so anon has become a habit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:09 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• I don't fear coming on here I get bashed a lot. I don't care the way I see it they are worse of a person than me and deserve me to care for there opinion. I ask ? all the time and alway respond to ones that catch my eye. 90% of the post I see end up in a debate. I don't sit back and take I hit them back If it's my ? I ask them to leave it's it another person I either give them facts or tell them to back off. I also always jump in and defend others I see being bashed. I'm sorry people attack you if you ever need back up PM me any time and tell me what post.I hope your time on here gets better.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 2:13 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Why would you automatically assume someone bashing you is a mom? Even with a screenname and avatar the poster could be giggling 14 year olds or lonely men. Sometimes it's painfully obvious the answer was not written by a mom. When someone is rude, click on Report this answer and CafeMom will take care of it for you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:41 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• i dont really get mad,people are people and as we all know this world is not filled with nice people,if i ask something i really wanna know the truth and that comes in all shapes and flavours so i truly dont take it personal,i dont know why people do.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 2:59 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• I hate that. I saw a post once where a woman's husband was essentially raping her, and women told her that she should be thankful her husband still found her attractive. seriously. Sometimes I want to reach through the screen and shake people. It's so easy to be horrible when you can hide behind an anonymous tag and a computer screen...
    totallysober

Answer by totallysober at 5:34 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• I don't ask Cafe Mom ladies about anything serious. So many of the people on here have no life except the computer...those are not people I want advise from. If you have a serious issue, you need to find a loving person to talk with. The Groups on here are so bad.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:01 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• You know I would like to thank you for offering the insight I needed in reference to why in the Q &A I could not help but notice that on the majority both the questions as well as countless answers submitted for our review are "a-non-y-mous". >Since we are all "mother's" here with at least that in common, why the need to hide? In my personal opinion any mother or fucker that chooses to be a*non*y*mous is by comparison worse than a hacker, bully or worse yet, pedophile!Yeah I said it!  Complete and total cowardice in their attempts to cause upset to others.  Their opinion has no value if for the simple fact if they are so vocal why not take credit or risk being held accountable or better yet receiving their just accolades for a job well done?  It is actually hilarious if you think about it especially since in the worldwide web you can be the

missinviting

Answer by missinviting at 8:52 AM on Oct. 31, 2009