My 17 month old won't stay still when I change him. He has always been difficult to change but now he is determined to put his hands in his poop....I have him strapped down but he still turns himself over. Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Oct. 31, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• change him on the floor. sit on your butt and get your feet up there and pin him down. u'll look like a monkey, but hey it works!
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 1:54 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• My son is 18 months and does the same exact thing. I just get the diaper and wipes out get his little pants down and then give him a sippy cup of milk or juice. This is the ONLY way I can change him without him squirming all around and trying to play in his dirty diaper because hubby refuses to hold him down for me! lol. Hope this helps =]
    Princess87

Answer by Princess87 at 5:03 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• i just hold my littlle one down until she stops moving,and throwing a fit i have to do this most times for the car seat too.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 10:59 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• When my son went through something similar I just popped him on his bare-butt real quick (obviously not hard at all, and we use time out here so it was a shocker for him). A few times of that and he stopped. I had to do it like 3 times at the most and then from there I gave him the "look" and would ask him if he needed a smack on the butt and he stopped from that point on. They think it's funny and they're very willfull at this age. You just need to show them that what you say goes.
    Anonymous