anyone out there an alpine skier? i have heard varied answers on whether it is ok to ski while prego, any thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Oct. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• hell to the no!

Falling is common during ski trips. You dont want to fall. You dont want to be going fast and hit a tree or something.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:03 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• My OB said no. With the first kid she said it was okay and then when my second came around, she had had a patient who had an accident who lost the baby and so she told me no.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 2:16 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• where on earth would you hear it is ok??
    falling is too common and could hurt baby.
    you can go to the resort or whatever and hang out, but anything that poses a high chance of you falling is a no-no.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 2:40 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• I wouldn't worry about it for the first trimester as long as you're a REALLY confidant experienced skier and pretty cautious. Just know that there could be some risk... but hey, you could slip and fall on a wet floor or some ice too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:43 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• well, i am an experienced skier/instructor, and i am pretty cautious-falling is not something i enjoy doing....
    Anonymous