2yo hurt my cat

so yesterday my daughter decided she wanted to ride my cat like she was a horse, at the time i didnt know that my cat was pregnant! today my cat had a miscarrige it seems, and i feel so horrible , i know my daughter doesnt know better and im not sure how to deal with something like that.

has your child ever hurt one of your pets, how do you handle it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:47 AM on Oct. 31, 2009 in Pets

• Things happen and unfortunately people and animals get hurt time from time.

Take the cat to the vet to get checked out.

as far as your two yr old you've already repremanded her and chances are she doesn't even remember what she did by now so just keep and extra eye on her and make sure she doesn't repeat her little rodeo trick again.

my son has harrassed my cat on several occasions....but since i have a "fiesty" cat she usually repremands him herself. lol

you did fine, so move on and just make sure the little kitty is fine medically
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 2:14 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• I think when children are too young to know any better, you need to monitor them to make sure they don't hurt the pet or the pet doesn't hurt them. That means you don't leave them alone together, and watch them when you are around them. If you can't do that you need to get rid of the pet until the child is older. Then you have to teach them how to handle a pet.

Don't beat yourself up too much though. Just learn from it.
    Southernroots

Answer by Southernroots at 1:58 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• get your cat medical care if she needs it and get her fixed. punish the child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:02 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• 2 years old is very much old enough to be told no. Why would you let your child ride your cat whether she was pregnant or not?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:06 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• i didnt let her, i didnt know she was doing it right away, and of course when i saw what she was doing i yelled at her!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:09 AM on Oct. 31, 2009