is it normal? has this happened to u?

have any of u had phantom kicks after having a baby? My baby is 4 months old and I had him by csection, and now all of the sudden im feeling little thumps and pokes about an inch or 2 above my csection scar and it really reminds me of the feeling of kicking- am i just feeling muscle spasms or is my body playing tricks on me or what?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on Oct. 31, 2009 in General Parenting

• its normal i felt that too i thoight i was going crazy..i asked my gyn he said its normal
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 1:54 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• omg!!! i had the iud for years now. but occasionally i feel movements!!!! the body misses being pregnant( some say its our biological clock ticking); but whatever the reason or cause it is unnerving, and scary!!!! you are not alone!!! but the fact that you had a c-section could factor in to; because, think about it; our body is meant to deliver( hence the body knows there's no baby there, but if the baby is removed, the body thinks its still there so it mimics the movement; if you will)! sometimes I wish I were; but am soo greatful for the iud. if it contiue; please seek mental health help because it could be post partum depression!!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 1:55 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• thats so strange.. how long can this happen for? Cuz i swear i still feel this off and on and its been two years!! since my c-section and 1yr since i had my iud removed.. Only started happening this spring though. i was convinced i was pregnant but wasn't.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 2:04 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Oh yeah- I have that happen. Its freaky.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 12:31 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• oh yes!!! I don't really remember them happening after the baby was 6-8 weeks old, could you be mistaking a gas bubble? I know sometimes they would feel similar!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 12:42 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• lol- i am so glad im not alone! and kristal- nope it feels like a fluttering just like it felt when i was about 3 or 4 months pregnant with my son. its so weird! but i feel better now that i know its normal
    Anonymous

• I have them a lot and I'm 2 years postpartum and definitely not pregnant. Could be muscle spasms, could be digestive movements...
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 2:45 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• I'm 6 months postpartum, and oh yeah, I totally have them. They feel SO much like a kicking baby that I instictively put my hands on my stomach expecting to feel an elbow or foot sticking out. It does make me sorta baby hungry and then I remember the heart burn, maternity clothes, and breast feeding and the hunger dies. :)
    bootsky

Answer by bootsky at 3:22 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Holy crap, I thought I was crazy! My youngest is 4, and I STILL feel lumps and bumps now and then.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 1:48 AM on Nov. 1, 2009