What Should I Do About These Damn Cats?

My roommates has two young cats. They're nice enough but he ignores them and doesn't really take care of them. He's never home and every now and then he'll shoot me a text asking me to make sure they have food and water...when he DOESN'T shoot me a text I check anyway, and 95% of the time they're out of both. Its not that I don't like the cats, its just that my husband and I work full time, have our son AND our rabbit to take care of...I don't have the TIME to worry about these stupid cats. Should I take them to the SPCA or just put up with it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Oct. 31, 2009 in Pets

• ughh i would take em to the animal control who cares what they do with them...i hate cats
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:09 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• That's awful, checking a food and water dish once a day cannot take that much time.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:00 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• i agree with the other post, just fill the food and water in the mornings. they should be fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Well...they're not her cats...why should she have to take of them? I'd tell him he has to start to take care of them or she's taking them to animal control. He should take responsibility.
    metalhealthmama

Answer by metalhealthmama at 2:02 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• animal control will kill an adult cat within a day. just be a nice person and feed the poor cats.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:04 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• yeah id text them and tell them they need to take care of THERE cats or your doing something about it, you have enough on your hands they need to take responisbilty
    xxmissrainbow

Answer by xxmissrainbow at 2:04 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• well if he was watching ur son and ur son wanted to eat more then u planned how would u feel if he had him put down?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:07 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Anon 2:07, did you seriously just compare that woman's son to a couple of cats?
    metalhealthmama

Answer by metalhealthmama at 2:08 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• sorry, i just don't see how filling a cats bowl is stressful. yeah definitely talk to him about it, and it would be different if he was making you buy the food, but until he can figure out if he wants animals or not, i hope you just make sure they have food in their bowl. good luck and please don't take them somewhere to be killed.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:09 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• I have had to buy them food. And I also have to clean their litterbox. Plus he leaves food out in his room and they end up eating it while I'm at work if there isn't any food in their bowl. I'm at the end of my rope. Yeah, it doesn't take that much time but its the principle of the matter, they're not my cats, I dont ask him to take care of my rabbit!

And Anon...he'd never babysit. I should also mention that he's not only my roommate, he's the guy we sublet from.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:12 AM on Oct. 31, 2009