yorkies?

i just found out about this breed of dog & im in love...their the cutest things! i wanted to get myself & my mom one for christmas.

how big do they get full grown?

are they okay around cats?

do shelters usually have any?

are they expensive if i get them from a breeder, and how do i find a breeder?

lol any other info would be great :)

thanks!

xxmissrainbow

Asked by xxmissrainbow at 2:08 AM on Oct. 31, 2009 in Pets

• how big do they get full grown?
    Depends on how big the parents are, but they are typically small dogs 7-12 pounds

are they okay around cats?
    Depends, but if they are raised with cats they will do fine

do shelters usually have any?
    In my city shelters usually don't have the smaller breeds. They usually go to foster homes

$200.00-$500.00 google breeders in your state you should be able to find one pretty easy.

My Uncle used to have 3 of these dogs, they have all passed now, but they were very easy to train and intelligent. You should also take a look at Morkies, that's what we want. They are really cute too!

Good luck with your puppy search!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:18 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• My grandparents have a snorkie... Yorkie+shnauzer mix... His name is skipper he is the calmest dog and very loveable. He doesnt like cats but thats cause my grandpa teaches his dogs to sic.. He is a perfect yard obesessed man haha. it has to be perfect and the cats come and dig up his flowers to poop and stuff. So he taught the dogs to keep them away(not hurt them). Anyway he is a great dog. Although my friend had a pure yorkie and she had to get rid of him because he was to crazy and hyper with her newborn. Barking and growling when the baby would cry. Honestly I think dogs have personalities. You just gotta pick a puppy with a good one and make sure to teach it right
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:20 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• They are very high maintenance. They are cute though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:53 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Prepare to spend quite a bit of money on grooming; these dogs typically need to be brought in to the groomer every 4 weeks. I'm not talking about just brushing them and giving them a bath, I'm talking about a full-blown bath, brushing out, and a clip (they don't look like their pictures all of the time, and good grooming is part of being a responsible owner.)
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 3:00 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Not a fan.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 3:09 AM on Oct. 31, 2009