If you are out at a party or trick or treating, do you leave candy on the porch?

We always do. I feel bad about not being home and passing out candy, but I want our kiddos to be able to trick or treat, so I feel that this is the next best thing.

twin_mommy

Asked by twin_mommy at 2:09 AM on Oct. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We did one year, fully expecting our bowl to be stolen, but when we got back, there was still candy in it, mostly gone, and our bowl didn't get stolen.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:48 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• no because when i was a teen and i came across a house with no one home but a bowel of candy on the porch i'd just dump the whole thing in my bag. lol
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:17 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Nope. We don't get trick-or-treaters at my house....... but if we did, I wouldn't. First one to come by would take the whole bowl.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 2:18 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Not to mention of someone contaminated it & they traced it back to my bowl... then I'D be the one in jail.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 2:19 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• We have done this for the last two years, and we always had candy left in the bowl.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 2:22 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• you've been lucky! :)
    either that or most of the trick or treaters are youngin's who have parents with morals.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:23 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• When my kids were little we've occasionally seen this, and I did make them take only one, because it seemed mean to the other kids if they didn't. But honestly, I don't know if I would or not, because I know that just as often, it was an empty bowl.

lol - I think I would do what I've done with neighbors before - I had one ask me to do this, I didn't mind, and did it, and thought it was a good idea, so I asked her to do it for me the next yr. She gave me her candy and asked that when I gave mine out, I gave a piece of hers, too, and told them it was from the house next door. It seemed to work out ok :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 2:41 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• lol i wouldnt chances are someone will be greedy and im sure their are plenty of people at other houses to pass out candy =]]
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 3:03 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• I actually think I might. I hadn't really thought of it, but hubby's out to sea and we'll be out Trick or Treating.. We just moved to our neighborhood a month ago and I haven't really met the neighbors (and we're not walking around here) so it might be nice to leave it out. I suppose a bag or two of candy doesn't cost that much and is worth the risk of kids taking them all.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 3:04 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Well we aren't gone for long I just take my son up and down the street really fasdt since he' so young so I just wait to turn my light on until I'm home.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:38 AM on Oct. 31, 2009