acne

im almost 20 i thought my acne would have gone away by now.......and now of course the night before my boyfriends halloween party i have horrible acne.

im determined to get my skin clear, ive changed some things and hope it helps.

im drinking alot more water ive gone from 1 glass to 5...even though i should probably still drink more.

ive started washing my face 2 times a day, when i wake up and before i go to bed..

any advice on what to use, or other things that might help?

btw proactive didnt work, it just dried out my skin.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:35 AM on Oct. 31, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Hello! I'm 24 and for some reason this past year I seemed to have FINALLY gotten over my acne. It's strange though because it wasn't bad in MS or HS. I think a lot of mine had to do with stress.

However, I drink a TON of water now (10 big glasses) and I wash my face twice a day. Ever try Arbonne's acne stuff? That worked for me the same as some stuff from sephora. I can't think of the exact name. Mitchel? Paul Thomas? It is on their website and one of the top acne products they sell. It's in a clear grey bottle if that helps...

Now that my skin is relatively clear I use Dr. Bronner's lavender castille soap. LOVE IT! It's at Target and Whole Foods. Also, there are off brands at WF and Trader Joe's but I don't know how well they work.

I would also make sure you are passing on the soda and eating lots of veggies and fruits. Oh, and Extra Virgin Olive Oil did wonders for me too. Just a Tablespoon a day! : )
    Sara.Robyson

Answer by Sara.Robyson at 2:26 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• try noxema triple clean! it kills acne and bacteria( even gets rid of sty within 2 days of use!), and an oil free facial lotion if necesary.
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 2:46 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• I've always used Dial antibacterial bar soap on my face and nothing else. I've tried actual acne products but they make me break out but the Dial keeps it under control. I have a rather clear complexion using it.

Also my DH has big pores and last night I actually looked up how to minimize them and they said wash with organic soap then make a paste out of baking soda and water and massage it into your skin. rinse and it will minimize porse and clear up blemishes... Ive never tried it but its what I was planning on doing for DH :D

Oh! BTW dial cleared up his acne it just didnt help his pores
    Anonymous

• I don;t know what to tell you proactive didn't work for me eigther. My acne is caused by hormones, so every month I break out and I am 31 year old dam it, to old for this poo. Stress also increases zits, so try and relax.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:50 PM on Nov. 1, 2009