About your parents...

I am an only child and am pregnant with my first and just told my mom and dad... they flipped out and wanted me and bf to get married eventhough we have been living together for well over a year. just wandering how it went when you guys told your parents/parent.
Just for Fun :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:40 AM on Oct. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My mom wasn't to thrilled with it at first but go figure she never approved of anything I did. My dad on the other hand he was very excited because I was having his first grandchild
    kimosgirl08

Answer by kimosgirl08 at 7:24 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• I'm an only child too.  My parents were overjoyed at the news that they were going to be grandparents but I was married at the time.  I'm don't think the news would have gone down so well with my father if I hadn't been though. 

Congrats on your pregnancy!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:24 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• I was married. I would not have had the nerve to live with my husband without being married. I really wouldn't have had the nerve to tell them I was expecting without being married. We were raised that you have the reception and then the conception.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:03 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• DH told them. :)

They were happy.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 8:18 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• i was married, so my dad was happy. my mom was still alive when my sister got pregnant from her bf and my parents were mad. now she had a baby with a different bf who she lives with and my dad wasn't thrilled. they ended up accepting it in the end though
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:21 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• I wasn't married, I was engaged. I thought my mom would be upset so I was nervous about telling her, but she and my dad were really excited. My MIL on the other hand said "oh, yeah I thought so" and that was it, she was pissed but not because we weren't married.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 8:54 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• I was still in a legal jumble with my first marriage/ divorce. I was still legally married to my first husband who would not cooperate and fled the jurisdiction to screw with me. We had been in divorce proceedings for about a year. My parents were so negative. My mom even told me that my soon-to-be-ex husband would find out and try to take away my baby. Even though it wasn't his, it was my boyfriend's. My parents loved my boyfriend and had told me several times to marry him as soon as my legal issues were over and I could. My mom had BEGGED for a grandchild. But she was miserable when I got pregnant. Even though it was planned. I was nearly 30 and we both had good jobs putting us well into 6 figure incomes.

Some people can't share your happiness.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• my parents were happy both times i was pregnant but i was married
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:24 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• We found out about a month after my mom died, so it was emotional, but more to it than just the fact I was pregnant. In any event, we were already engaged so it didn't really matter in that respect.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:35 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• I remember it well. I married late, in my 30's. I remember talking in my teens and twenties about wondering if I wanted to have kids, (I'm the youngest of 4 and had several nieces and nephews of all ages). When I told my mom, with a big, excited smile, that I was pregnant, she got this weird look and, kinda worriedly said, 'Oh, are you happy?' Well, if that didn't take the wind out of my sails. I mean, I get where she was coming from, the parent wanting to be sure her kid is ok and all. But, really, that had been the meandering thoughts of an unmarried young girl/woman. Things change once you get married, and couldn't she tell by my face that I was happy? I guess not. Doesn't matter, that pregnancy ended in miscarriage anyway. The important pregnancy, she was excited about for me. Moms, go figure! We'll never be like our moms, right? Ha!
    calico1954

Answer by calico1954 at 10:04 AM on Oct. 31, 2009