morning sickness question

Has anyone had MS start in the 2nd trimester? I am 16 weeks and the last few days I have been really nausous. I never felt sick with my last pregnancy. If I eat anything I get a gag reflex so I haven't been eating much the last few days either. I wasn't sick at all in the first trimester and I always thought if you were gonna get it that it started sooner. Would you guess morning sickness or do you think I'm sick with something else?

jenae_gist

Asked by jenae_gist at 7:15 AM on Oct. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it could be morning sickness. some people get it at different times. I know some who even get it at night instead of through the morning or day time. And some people have been know to have it throughout the whole pregnancy. Are you taking ur vitamins? if so when did you start taking them. Im not sure that vitamens are causing it but with all 3 of my pregnancies as soon as i started my vitamens i got sick. Or you could just be getting sick. You should prolly go to the doc. just to be sure ur not sick. Unless of course you can find the cause of the problem. Good Luck and hope u feel better soon.
    tiffany0317

Answer by tiffany0317 at 7:34 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Talk to your doctor about it. It could be hormonal, but there's also a chance it could be a symptom of another problem like an inflamed gall bladder or appendix. Better safe than sorry.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 8:20 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Dont worry its more normal then you think. With my first pregnancy I didnt get morning sickness untill I was 4 months along and had it up till I was 7 months! It was awful, I had to carry a bag with me every where we went cause I was constantly having mornign sickness all day every day. With this pregnancy Its totally different, my MS started at week 5 and Im 15 weeks now and it still hasnt stoped. However this time I dont actually throw up all the time I just get really sick to my stomach like I have to but instead gag constantly. I have already lost 8 lbs. because there for a while I couldnt even eat a full meal a day but things have eased up a little cause Im getting my appetite back but I cant eat too much cause I get full really quick. But yeah your totally fine, congrats!!
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 10:03 AM on Oct. 31, 2009