Kitchen Sets for a 1 y/o ...?

Do you have one? Which one?

Im looking for one , and Target has a nice one on sale , but the ages are 3-7 ... and the only one i found for her age group you sit down and play w/ it ... harmoni does NOT sit down .. ever! LOL .. ever since she learned how to stand and walk along things , shes on her feet all day! LOL

tha-hawt-mommie

Asked by tha-hawt-mommie at 10:00 AM on Oct. 31, 2009 in General Parenting

• At that age, never expect them to be still for long. There's too much of the owrld to explore! The best things I have found for kids that age are gonna surprize you. Empty paper towel rolls, a huge cardboard box and a few dishes from a yard sales. At that age they don't care if it come from Macy's. These items keep their imagination going for hours!
    auntj

Answer by auntj at 10:05 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• auntj -- i know all about kids likein boxes she has tons .. she likes her little friends kitchen set . i was jw if there is one for her height i guess
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 10:10 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• I wouldn't worry about the ages on the box. If you think it is appropriate for your child then it will be fine. They have to put those ages on there just in case a child was to swallow something or something was to happen. I would suggest getting some furniture restraints for it so she doesn't topple it over, and look VERY closely at all the pieces before using them. Some may be a little too small for her, which would be why they say 3 and up. Im getting a kitchen for my daughter too, as well as some food and play utensils. Some of them she will get now and some will have to wait till she stops putting everything in her mouth.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 12:34 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• oh, and as far as the height thing I would just take her to go look at a couple and figure out which one she is going to be able to reach the best. Even one geared for 3 year olds should be short enough for her to at least be able to see the top of the countertops. This way she'll have something to play with for a long time, not just until she hits a certain height. (One year olds grow quick!)
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 12:47 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• i would get a high quality one that she can grow into, just check for small peices.... i see kids play with kitchen sets until they are older kids. great toy idea.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 1:11 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Ehhh . . . I barely pay attention to the age limits on toys. Sometimes they make no sense at all. I bought my daughter a big teddy bear with sewn on eyes, nose and mouth (just thread) and it said 2+ years . . . Why? There was nothing that could come off of the bear. Just use common sense as far as that. With the height . . . I don't know, but as pp said, she could just grow into it. My daughter is almost 16 months and I know if I bought that, she wouldn't pay attention to it. She is much more interested in the real kitchen . . . lol . . maybe next year.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:39 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• my daughter got her 1st kitchen set at 13months old..And it wasn't a small sit down baby one. It was a regular toddler one...
    kathynej7142007

Answer by kathynej7142007 at 11:22 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Thnx ladies ... we went to target today to look at the one we wanted , but it was all gone lol ... hopefully they get some more in soon ... i just have no clue what kind to get ... i like those wooden ones , than look reallll! did ya'll see those?! i love them!
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 12:55 AM on Nov. 1, 2009