Hello everyine, I need some help. I had my baby via c-section on oct 19th. first i was induced and that didnt work. then when they brought me to the OR and gave me the Epi my body didnt take to it and i didnt go numb. so I was put to sleep, my son was born not breathing from it but after all was said and done he is fine.

But now I am not feeling all to well. I was told by my Dr that I have a small infection in the stiches and he gave me meds for it and said its no big deal. But now for alot the last 5 days i have alot of gas and the feeling of an upset stomach and when I (sorry for tmi) move my bowles it hurts so badly. i dont know if anything 1 thing has to do with another but i was wondering if anyone felt any of this after a section. My belly is just not feeling right, any thoughts? thanks so much. Happy holloween

MaMaTreZZa

Asked by MaMaTreZZa at 10:06 AM on Oct. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Everythings been moved around it takes some time to get back to feeling right. If your worried call your doctor, thats what they are for.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• I'm so sorry for all you have had to go through. They may have given you to take stool softener or something to help your bowels pass and it may be making you feel worse. You might want to get online and read side effects of any meds you are taking.

I had a sinus infection and didn't want to go out to the store to get juice. I decided to drink something my adult son had in the fridge that had vitamin C in it. I drank a lot. It also had high fructose corn syrup. Later I had horrible cramps, and gas, and strange stools. I was afraid I had food poisioning. It passed quickly. I got online and found out high fructose corn syrup can do that. No more for me. Could you be drinking or eating things with high fructose corn syrup and now your body can't handle it because you are recovering from surgery?
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:20 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• I went through a VERY similar thing - I was induced, things didn't go well, I ended up having a c-section. I felt gassy and had an upset stomach and pretty much just thought it was to be expected.

I ended up in excruciating pain and was admitted back into the hospital for a couple of days with a uterine infection.

I STRONGLY suggest you call your Dr. If things don't get better, or if it gets worse, then you should look at going into the ER. That's where I ended up, unable to even stand upright, when they admitted me.

I DO NOT mean this to scare you, and just because this was my experience, it doesn't mean that this is what's happening with you, but honestly, you don't want to play around with something like that, just in case.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:29 AM on Oct. 31, 2009