is it a misscarrige??

ok so about a week ago i went to the hospital and found out i was a month prego well i had been spotting so i was worried well the doc said that i had a bad uti and that was where the spotting was coming from.so they had me go back two days later so i did and the said that the 27 my hcg levels where 1479 and on the 30 they where 1808 so the doc said that if i didnt already i was probably going to miscarry!but i thought when you did miscarry it went back to 0.but they checked me and did the internal sono and a cathiter so the sent me home and said come back on the 1st.but then last night i started beelding more and its light pink.did i miscarry or could it be the uti and them poking and proding?

twitch

Asked by twitch at 10:21 AM on Oct. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm so sorry.

Hcg levels should double every 2-3 days in the early weeks of pregnancy. If the pregnancy was going to continue the second hcg would be expected to be around 3000. It takes awhile for the hcg level to go back to 0.

When you have a UTI the blood is in the urine. If your UTI was bad enough for you to have spotting you would have had brown or red urine. You would have seen wierd urine in the toilet. I doubt your UTI was that bad. All the spotting you have had is probably related to miscarriage.

It took me a month of spotting and not really bleeding heavy for one of my miscarriages. I did pass everything and didn't have to have a D&C. Miscarriages aren't always dramatic with a lot of cramping and blood.

Again, I'm so sorry.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:39 AM on Oct. 31, 2009