To bake or leave uncooked?

whenever I make a dinner for someone, I always have it ready to go in the oven (usually a casserole they can pop in for 30 min or so). I do this so they can choose when to have it (that night or the next). I never really thought about having it already cooked for them so they can just heat it up, but am making dinner for a friend (new mommy) and for some reason, realized this.

Which do you prefer? (btw, I already checked with her and she didn't care because she was so appreciative of my making her a dinner) I guess I wouldn't care either, if I just had to put it in the oven, but what's the "norm"?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Oct. 31, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Hmm, I guess I would just go ahead and bake it and let her heat it up, if necessary. Good question, I never thought of.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:41 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• I liked it when people brought me the uncooked...If I didnt want it right away I could freeze it and then have it later...but that's just me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Never really thought about it. I would just be grateful that someone was being kind enough to make me a meal. Really, I think the only preference I'd have would be that they let me know if it's already cooked or not, just so I know.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 11:41 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• I like to do the "frozen" meals - I put them together in foil pans or the Glad oven-safe plastic reusable or disposable pans. I put it together and have it in the fridge, and I call and let them know I have something for them, when can I bring it, would they like it hot for a meal or cold to bake themselves or freeze. I give them all the options. I have one friend who always brings frozen meals, that way the recipient can choose whether to throw it in the freezer for another day or make it that night - she delivers right after lunchtime so you have plenty of time.
    Anonymous

• I leave them uncooked, it is nice to have the option of when to cook and serve a dish given to me.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:30 PM on Nov. 2, 2009