If you don't want to be someones "friend" on here...

If you get a friend invite from someone and you hit "decline" because you don't care to be there friend- then they send you a message and ask "why don't you want to be my friend" Do you answer them or just ignore them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Oct. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would just say I prefer to only have people I personally know on my friend list. If they keep at it, tell them flat out that you just prefer to not add them, but you wish them well. Then leave it at that, and ignore them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Ignore.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:04 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• That hasn't happened to me on cafemom but on other sites like myspace and FB, I just let them sit in my friend request box and ignore them until they disappear.

As far as answering them as to why you declined, I think either way would be fine.
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 11:41 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• I decline pretty much every invite sent to me, almost immediately, and I've never had anyone ask why. I did have issues with one person, not "friend" stuff but other, and I blocked the person. I'd probably do the same thing if someone asked why I didn't want to be their friend.
    Anonymous