Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where can I get something to put on my cast iron chair legs, to keep them from scratching the floor?


Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Oct. 31, 2009 in Home & Garden

Answers (4)
  • You can get felt circles that stick to the bottoms of things, I think Lowes, maybe even Walmart has something like that in the craft section perhaps. My parents have them on the bottom of furniture and pottery that sit on the counter tops.

    Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 11:12 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

  • Felt works, also there are furniture sliders; this site has products that you can buy or try to find elsewhere:

    Answer by preacherskid at 12:16 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

  • The chairs to my dining set didnt' have anything on the bottom of them. I bought some felt circles at walmart in the hardware department. I put them on and within a few days, they fell off.

    So I bought some heavy duty glue and another set of felt circles. And I glued them on and let them sit overnight before I put the chairs on the floor. it's been nearly a year now and they are all still there. :)

    Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 9:30 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

  • my chairs are black and gray and we have wood floors I took electrical tape and rapped it around the bottom. I didn't like the felt it keeps getting dog hair stuck in it. it atully looks nice and matches better then the green felt

    Answer by snowangel1979 at 11:31 AM on Nov. 2, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Home & Garden
I have violets