How did you know you and your baby were getting ready for birth?

im 32 weeks today! My baby has been doing some unusual things. He is usually pretty regular about sleeping and waking up. He almost has a schedule. The last few days he has not slept at all it seems. Up all night up all day. Does this mean he is getting into position and preparing himself? Also I think my due date may be wrong. From my last period I should be about 3 weeks ahead. But they say thats wrong... But they also say my baby is measuring huge? So who knows. What do you ladies think?

Happy Halloween By the way!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Oct. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Usually when its getting close to time the baby doesn't move much. There isn't much room and with luck the head will be wedged in place.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:36 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• get the shower as hot as u can stand n put it on ur tummy, if ur really ready for birth, that'll definitely smooth things along faster. when i thought it was time, i did this and a minute into the process i heard a loud POP! my water broke.then the contractions started. And I did this again in the hospital for about an hour or so, i went from 2 cm to 7 cm, n just an hour later i delivered. so give it a shot. people who use it all swear by it. n it was my first baby now i swear by it too. good luck!
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 11:37 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• honestly i would say your farther ahead because my first due date was sept 28th and they told me the whole time i was messuring 2wks ahead the doc gave me oct 5th as my due date and i had him sept 26th soo i would say your probably gonna go "early" but not really you'll be right on time..i didnt really notice mine moving more since he was already head down but your most likely gonna have that baby soon! gl
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 12:28 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• i think you probably have a few weeks left, but baby could be turning head down because they often do that few weeks ahead of time. :) your due date could be off like you said so you might just want to be prepared from like 36 weeks but don't count on baby coming before 42 weeks, just in case :) good luck!
    Anonymous

• "get the shower as hot as u can stand n put it on ur tummy, if ur really ready for birth, that'll definitely smooth things along faster. "

I don't know if that would really work or not, but would not recommend it as the OP is only 32 weeks along and still has a way to go.
    Mom2twins2010

Answer by Mom2twins2010 at 6:39 PM on Oct. 31, 2009